Import: have a package sent to us from outside Europe
When you want to receive parcels from outside the EU, in most cases a customs fee / duties need to be paid. To ensure that this runs smoothly and that there are no delays, we recommend the following procedure.
Preferred method: you pay directly to the carrier
The quickest en cheapest option for all parties involved, is that you pay the fees directly to the carrier. In most cases one of these procedures is applicable:
- When the sender ensures that your email address is on the label (parcel), the carrier can send you an email with a payment link for the customs fee. In this way you can pay the fee before delivery takes place (DHL works this way). In case you did not receive a message from the carrier, contact them to coordinate with them directly.
- The tracking info contains a link with which you can pay the fee (UPS uses this method).
Alternative method: we pay on your behalf at the time of delivery
It is also possible that we pay the import duties on your behalf, but there are costs and conditions attached:
- Make sure there is enough money in your account to cover the amount that must be paid
- Inform us in advance about the carrier, the amount due and the tracking number
- This is only possible if we can pay with a bank card. We cannot make cash payments!
The parcel must always be addressed to you (your name) so not to PriParcel. A parcel addressed to PriParcel will not be accepted, as you are the recipient and responsible for the parcel.